Monday, August 2, 2010

A Visit to Ellerslie

Here I stand, arms open wide. I am Yours, and You are mine, Jesus.

I thought about clever things I could say on here earlier today, but I am coming up with nothing now. Nothing except a sense of shear humility that God has brought little ol' me into this amazing adventure that I am embarking on. As I sit here on porch out-looking the Rocky Mountains in Estes Park, I am overwhelmed by our Almighty Creator!

To avoid rambling, I am going to make a list to retell the events of the last 3 days!

  1. I-70 West across Kansas is long, boring, and uneventful.
  2. Employees get to wear jeans at Loveland's Jason's Deli. Lucky corporate stores!
  3. Ellerslie is the most warm, welcoming place I have ever been!
  4. Oddly enough, it seemed as though everyone there already knew me, thanks (or no thanks hehe) to the incoming fall student page.
  5. Over 65% of the summer semester students are extending their stay for the fall semester as well! Apparently they like it there! =]
  6. Windsor, Colorado is the cutest town ever, next to Stars Hallow.
  7. Loodles coffee shop (in Windsor) has great chai tea and I can walk to it! Loodles was started by Eric Ludy's brother, hence the name which is a combination of Ludy and doodles!
  8. Walgreens, two grocery stores, and Quizno's along with lots of other places are within walking distance of Ellerslie.
  9. Eric Ludy's sermons are so alive & challenging! I love it!
  10. The Rocky Mountains are beautiful, I will admit that. However, I must say I prefer the mountains of Harmons, Jamaica. =]
There is not a doubt in my mind that it is indeed God who called me to this set apart season that I am going to have here at Ellerslie. Not a doubt in my mind. I am so excited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Soooo exciting!
And yay! You are on the Ellerslie "meet the students" thing!! hah! :)