Service P was EXHAUSTING! Mentally and physically, wow. I did not realize how much we would be caring for the disabled campers. And by caring for them, I mean helping them get dressed, cutting their meat, buttering their bread, refilling their water bottles, tying shoes, picking out outfits, and on top of all of that, encouraging them in every single move they needed to make.
It was exhausting, but so worth it.
"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." - Matthew 10:42
This week was definitely what I needed after a really hard weekend. I'm not sure if I ended up making the right decision regarding my fall plans, but I am not going to worry about it. I am not going to worry about whether or not I am in the right "physical" location of God's will for my life. What matters is that "spiritually" I am in His will. And by that, I just mean taking in every opportunity each day to praise and worship Him from wherever I am, taking time to be with Jesus, and to serve others wherever I am. My "physical" location really isn't all that important as long as I am loving God & loving people.
1 comment:
Humph. This is something I should probably think about more. Thanks!
Post a Comment