At some point, I would like to go to William Jewell College to get a degree in Non-profit Leadership with a minor in Religion and Spanish (maybe majoring in Spanish as well). I want to study so many different things! Non-profit leadership is the most important one to me though for what I want to do. My goal is to work for Compassion International. I also want to live in another country on missions for a while though, so maybe I could teach English while I am there.
But here's my thing-- I have a hard time shelling out my hard earned cash on my COLLEGE education when there are kids all over the world who don't have the opportunity for an ELEMENTARY education.This is Fire. She is 6 years old and lives in Ethiopia. I sponsor her through Compassion International. Before she was sponsored, she wasn't in school because her family couldn't afford to send her.
THAT is why I have a problem spending so much money on my college education when my brothers and sisters around the world are living in poverty.
I'm not really sure where I will end up next fall, but I can tell you one thing. I intend to fight for my sponsored children and do everything I can to ensure that they can continue their education as I continue mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment